FAQ: Homeopathic Practice

Home FAQ FAQ: Homeopathic Practice

Is there a license to practice homeopathy?

There is no such thing as a license to practice homeopathy in the United States. We are closely involved with organizations at the local and national levels, e.g. National Center for Homeopathy (NCH https://www.homeopathycenter.org/), the National Health Freedom Coalition (https://nationalhealthfreedom.org/), and the Association for International Homeopathic Certification (AIHC https://www.aihc-cert.com/), and we keep our students informed as legal issues affect our profession.

In most of the US, and in New York State, homeopaths comfortably practice homeopathy within certain guidelines. Homeopaths do not call themselves doctors, we do not conduct physical exams, nor do we dispense medicines. Legally we are considered consultants.

Certification is not a requirement of practice, and participation is strictly voluntary. But NYSH strongly encourages all our graduates to become certified I.H.C. Our program, including our Anatomy and Physiology/Pathology and Disease course, meets all the AIHC requirements for homeopathic training.

Can I practice homeopathy in New York State?

Yes. In NY State most homeopaths refer to themselves as “consultants.” There is no history of legal difficulty for homeopaths in this state and we comfortably operate private practices as professional homeopaths. However, even though NY is a positive environment, at NYSH we support the efforts of the National Health Freedom Coalition and we encourage others to do so. Around the world homeopathy is being challenged, and the NHFC promotes the understanding of the laws in each state that impact one’s right to access alternative and complementary health practitioners and medicines. https://www.nationalhealthfreedom.org


Questions about tuition costs at NYSH

Questions about studying at NYSH

Questions about graduating from NYSH

Questions about enrolling at NYSH